5.01.2011

The Reason for this Blog

Hi Everyone
I don't really know if there is someone here, but I hope there is because I will need some support to overcome my addiction.
I concluded I have a sugar addiction. 
I decided to name it Sugar-Free Bible because I want God to help me get rid of this addiction and the Bible to be His voice. 
I'm 30 years old and I can be disciplined in almost every aspect of my life. I exercise regularly, I am vegetarian, I meditate at least 5 times per week, I love reading, studying and learning new things everyday. 
I can manage to do everything I want, except stay more than a few days without eating sweets.
That's why I decided to create this blog :)
I need to share what I am going through. Or at least feel I am sharing.
I did a holistic therapy course and my teacher told us to purify our bodies, to stop doing the one thing we are addicted for 40 days. I obviously chose sweets and decided to wait until after Easter. This means refined/added sugar.
I decided to start last Monday (04.25.2011) but could only start on Tuesday. 
I was excited and decided to pray for God to strengthen me cause I've tried this before and just didn't work.
I stayed 4 days without eating refined sugar at all. I confess I was eating a lot of fruits instead, but that's allowed or I will go crazy.
But yesterday (Saturday) I was lazy, stayed home all day (only left to walk the dog), watched 3 movies and was eating gluten-free bread, cheese and fruits all day.
Suddenly a huge craving came and I just could not control it... I have a few Lindt chocolates that were supposed to be gifts but I bought too many. I went to my closed and got 2 bars, a milk chocolate and a white chocolate and really attacked it. I ate half of it by itself and with the other half of both I made a chocolate toast, something I absolutely love! Put the chocolate on the bread and toast it. It's delicious, a real sin! I ate it all and it was really good but after that I felt so guilty and weak.
I decided to buy cocoa powder so I can mix it on my smoothies and pretend I'm having a milk shake but the natural food store that sells it its only gonna be open tomorrow (Monday).
Today is a beautiful day. I walked the dog and went to the beach with my girlfriends. We talked and laughed, it was a really fun morning.
After the beach me and one of my girlfriends ate a wonderful salad with pineapple+coconut+flax seed juice.
I just got home and I'm craving chocolate again. HUGE CRAVING...
I ate 2 persimmons but it didn't help, so I decided to write about it and now I actually feel better.
I really want to do the 40 days detoxing from sugar, but it's already being hard. I need God to help me.
After the attack yesterday, I promised myself to go back to it and I thought today I wouldn't have another crave. But I'm having and I just don't know what to do :( I feel so bad not being able to control it.
I NEED HELP
And that's why I'm writing.
I'm gonna watch a soccer game and hope to not finish the rest of the Lindt chocolates I have.
Please God, in the name of your son Jesus, help me overcome this. I'm weak and can't do it alone. 
Thank you for everything You've been doing in my life, even for my weakness.
I want to show the world that I can only overcome this with Your help.
Should I start it over now or tomorrow? Please show me the way!
I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment